3 Hardie Siding Color Combinations to Make Your Home Pop
Did you see that house up the street? You know the one. You’ve even stopped your car to take a closer look. It stands out from all the rest. You, too, can have a home that shows that WOW factor. All you need is the right Hardie board siding color combinations to make your home POP!
We’ll take a look at how to make your siding color combination choice when its time to replace your siding with James Hardie Fiber Cement siding.
Step 1 in Selecting Your Siding Color Combination
When deciding on color combinations for your Hardie board siding, the first thing you want to do is select the primary color. Find a color that speaks to you. One that you’ll want to come home to for many years to come. After all, since James Hardie siding is made from sustainable materials, it will last for 50 years or more. It’s no wonder James Hardie Siding is the preferred siding choice among homeowners.
How to Choose the Main Siding Color for your Michigan Home
James Hardie siding is offered in a multitude of style and color options. Just imagine the possibilities. However, if choosing a siding color for your home seems like a daunting or nerve-wrecking experience, we’ve got some tips for choosing the primary color for your home.
- Drive around, look at the houses that stand out to you. As you look around, you’ll find the colors that most appeals to you.
- Consider the style of your home and surroundings. Do you have an English style home? A stone grey or moss green palette may be the perfect fit . Does your home have more of a cabin feel? Perhaps dark woodsy brown or smoke blues would be better. Your siding color should complement the overall style and feel of your home and landscaping.
- Still can’t decide? Try these tips.
- White siding is a traditional, timeless color that never goes out of style and can be combined with a multitude of accent colors.
- Blue-Gray tones are a popular choice for their welcoming appeal.
- Beige, earthy colors are chosen most often and show the most increase in resale value.
- Lighter colors on the exterior of your home make your home look bigger. Darker colors can make your home look cozy and warm.
- Whatever your goal, you’ll find it with James Hardie Siding.
With James Hardie ColorPlus Technology, you’re getting baked-on color that will last for years. In fact, James Hardie offers a 15-year color warranty giving you peace of mind and little to no maintenance regardless of whether you choose traditional lap siding, vertical siding, or hardieshingles.
Choosing the Siding Accent Color Combination for Your Home
Once you choose your primary siding color, next choose your trim and accent colors. The exterior of your home is often a combination of three colors: the primary siding color, the trim, and the accent color for shutters and doors.
A good rule of thumb is to choose two neutral colors and one stand out color to give that pop you’re looking for!
Trim, shutters, and door color add a polished dimension to your home’s exterior. Choose colors that complement each other.
Top James Hardie Color Combinations Recommended by Allied Construction & Restoration
Allied Construction and Restoration, a leader in James Hardie Siding, recommends these top 3 Hardie Board color combinations:
- Boothbay Blue Siding – Arctic White Trim and Shutters – Bright Yellow Door
- Countrylane Red Siding – Navajo Beige Trim and Shutter, Brown, Natural Wood Door
- Mountain Sage Siding – Khaki Brown Trim, Maroon/Red Shutters and Front Door