How to Make Your Deck More Inviting: Decorating Ideas to “Cozy Up” your Michigan Deck
Summer is the perfect time to enjoy outside living in Michigan. If you have a backyard deck, you probably look forward all year to the time you get to relax on it and enjoy nature. However, you may be struggling with how to make your deck more inviting. Do you need to make your Michigan deck more comfortable? We compiled a list to help you make your custom-built deck a place you’ll want to come home to.
1. Create a Focal Point to Give Your Deck a Cohesive Feel
- Sectional furniture will give your deck an inviting and comfortable appeal.
- Add a large area rug for a stylish, finished look.
- Make your fire pit the center of attention everyone wants to gravitate to.
- Nothing says fun and relaxation like a hot tub, backyard bar or grilling station.
2. Make Color and Lighting Work Together To Make Your Deck More Inviting
- Choose a color scheme that enhances the exterior of your home.
- Add brightly colored pillows and cushions to bring your deck to life.
- Create a festive atmosphere with string lights hung over your pergola.
- Use lanterns and candles to offer an inviting glow.
3. Use Furniture To Make Your Deck Invite Conversation
- Place your furniture in smaller grouping to encourage togetherness.
- Give your deck a cozy feel with mix and match accent pieces.
- Repurpose old furniture with a coat of paint for a fresh, new look.
- Create “nooks” for dining and conversation.
4. Place Plants to Invite Your Deck Back Into Nature
- Blend with the outdoors and enhance your natural surroundings by adding greenery.
- Add potted plants of different sizes and seasonal flowers for a pop of color.
- Use plants that naturally repel mosquitoes like Lemon Balm, Lavender, and Marigolds.
- Create a privacy wall with a vine-covered trellis or a wall of Arborvitae.
Bonus Ideas for Adding Comfort To Your Deck
- Add interesting wall décor for a personalized touch.
- Create a serene ambiance with a water fountain.
- Remember to add shade with colorful umbrellas or a canopy.
- Enjoy a little music through your wireless speakers.
Ideas to make your deck more inviting are limitless. Your imagination can help you to create the space you’ve always wanted. Think of your deck as an extension of your living space and your lifestyle. Most of all, go ahead and invite friends and family over and enjoy it!
Call Today For A Free Deck Installation Quote!
If you need a new deck built, Allied Construction and Restoration will customize your deck and help you bring the comforts of your Milford home to the great outdoors.
For the personalized attention you deserve, call us 248-238-8132. Let our experts bring your vision to life!
Allied Construction and Restoration is located in Milford, MI and serves South East Michigan.